State Assessment [Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR)]
Students and parents/guardians should be aware that students in grades 3-8 will take standardized tests in the spring. Parents are encouraged to cooperate in preparing students for the standardized testing, because the quality of the education the school can provide is partially dependent upon the school’s ability to continue to prove its success in the state’s standardized tests. Parents can assist their students achieve their best performance by doing the following:
- Encourage students to work hard and study throughout the year;
- Ensure students get a good night’s sleep the night before exams;
- Ensure students eat well the morning of the exam;
- Remind and emphasize for students the importance of good performance on standardized testing;
- Ensure students are on time and prepared for tests, with appropriate materials;
- Teach students the importance of honesty and ethics during the performance of these and other tests;
- Encourage students to relax on testing day.
Illinois Science Assessment (ISA)
In compliance with federal testing requirements, Illinois requires we administer a science assessment(ISA) to students enrolled in a public school district in grades 5, 8 and once at the high school level.
The assessment will be administered in an online format and is aligned to the Illinois Learning Standards for Science incorporating the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), which were adopted in 2014.
ACCESS for ELLs®
ACCESS for ELLS® (Assessing Comprehension and Communication in English State-to-State for English Language Learners) is a standards-based, criterion referenced English language proficiency test designed to measure English language learners' social and academic proficiency in English. It assesses social and instructional English as well as the language associated with language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies within the school context across the four language domains.
State Assessment Resources:
ACCESS for ELLs®:
District Asessments -NWEA MAP, Fastbridge, and Achieve
August 27, 2018 - August 31, 2018
January 14, 2019 - January 18, 2019
May 6, 2019 - May 10, 2019
ACCESS for ELLs™ Assessment
January 16, 2019 - February 19, 2019
Illinois Science Assessment (Grades 5 & 8)
March 1, 2019 - April 30, 2019