Internet Safety - Information
State law, Public Act 095-0869, requires that we provide grades 3rd through 8th with internet safety instruction. Below we have provided resources/instruction about internet safety from outside organizations and other resources provided by Illinois State Board of Education.
The recommended internet safety topics includes:
- Safe and responsible use of social networking websites, chat rooms, electronic mail, bulletin boards, instant messaging, and other means of communication on the Internet.
- Recognizing, avoiding, and reporting online solicitations of students, their classmates, and their friends by sexual predators.
- Risks of transmitting personal information on the Internet.
- Recognizing and avoiding unsolicited or deceptive communications received online.
- Recognizing and reporting online harassment and cyber-bullying.
- Reporting illegal activities and communications on the Internet.
- Copyright laws on written materials, photographs, music, and video.